The Senior Developer is responsible for all phases of software development for Applications from analysis and design through coding, testing, documentation and implementation to production. The Senior Developer is expected to act as backup for various job responsibilities within the department as directed.
The Senior Developer will architect, develop, and test application software based on industry best practices as defined by the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology. The Senior Developer will operate independently to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
- Responsible for translating functional design into technical specifications ensuring functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Develop and maintain all documentation pertaining to a programming project that is detailed and accurate
- Perform detailed impact analysis and provide estimates for change requests across one or many complex projects
Design / Development Functions
- Assist in leading, designing, and implementing software solutions that are structured and easily maintained
- Create requests and provide governance to promote code to different environments based on firm standard
- Ensure code is versioned and checked into source control system
- Drive, enforce and conform to coding standards.
- Provide oversight to, as well as create deployment scripts and verify correctness within integration environment
- Troubleshoot production issues, document incidents, and provide timely fixes and drive problem resolution
- Perform and provide oversight to unit and functional testing and provide evidence of results.
Maintenance/ Evolution Functions
- Accountable for deliverables - provide status reports of work completed, active, planned, and obstacles
- Provide governance to, evaluate and install software packages and upgrades
- Stay current with industry best practices and technologies and provide leadership to constant improvement to the software and development process
- Perform additional application support as required
- Influence solutions by recommending and exploring alternate solutions
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- 7+ years of application design and development experience preferably within financial services
- Advanced level database skills with Oracle or SQL Server
- We prefer candidates with
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with SSRS and/or Tableau reporting systems