FullStack Developer - Software Engineer
As a memberof our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who arepassionate around solving business problems through innovation &engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledgeand expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well aspartner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stayfocused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantlystrive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Fixed incomeportfolio implementation (PI) is the process of assessing risk and generatingorders for the purpose of managing fixed income portfolios. The fixed income PIdevelopment team will be focused on developing capabilities within ourstrategic platform, Spectrum, to facilitate this process. The team is about toembark on large scale re-development of the existing user interface. It willleverage the latest front-end web development libraries with the primary focusbeing React. As a member of this team you will be responsible for the designand build of critical components, interfacing with front office users in thefixed income business, as well as collaborating with server side developers todesign a rich API across functional boundaries.
The designof the new user interface is in its initial stages so this is a chance to beinvolved from the very beginning on a challenging and exciting newproject. The build will leverage modernsoftware approaches including continuous delivery with a heavy focus onautomated testing.
This role requires a wide variety ofstrengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages Java or C#; Java Preferred
- In-depth knowledge of at least one major front-end web framework (Angular or React). React Preferred
- Extensive experience of unit testing
- Practical experience with using design patterns
- Use of version control systems with multiple developers
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment tools and approaches
- Desirable skills: Jest, Git, Jenkins, Cloud technologies, Scala, Kotlin, Oracle, Gemfire
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Our Asset and Wealth Managementdivision is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technologysolutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It'sour mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get,and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agiletechnologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learningusing a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase& Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're anintegral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technologyhubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deployeverything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobilesolutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity,machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment intechnology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that willnot only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the uniqueskills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization thatthrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development,and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challengesthat impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want tomeet you.