Full-Stack Developer - Java and Angular
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. The technology group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms. Overview of the team :
eFX (electronic foreign exchange), sales & trading is a dynamic segment of our Markets business and the technology team is structured to support this sophisticated environment. The technology and business group relationship supports a collaborative team environment. Our goal is to design, develop and support the application stack that drives our business. Our commitment is to provide world class support to our business partners, and to build & integrate complex systems across the broader technology platforms in which we operate. The global team operates in multiple locations including Pittsburgh, New York, London and India. We strive to provide innovative, resilient and scalable solutions to increase revenue potential, achieve operational efficiencies, and service the business's overall growth strategy. We embrace Agile and Open Source technologies. Overview of the role :
We are enhancing our development team and are looking for a full stack developer who is focused on quality, has a commitment to excellence and is open to challenges that our operating environment presents. The candidate will have the unique opportunity to build sophisticated, high-performing market platforms using the latest technology stack and best software engineering practices as prescribed by the firm's technology office. The candidate will be positioned to support all elements of the software delivery process. This positioning will allow the candidate exposure in the design, build and delivery stages of complex FX trade processing platforms. These platforms support direct client interaction, 3 rd party integration opportunities with trading venues and firm level system-to-system integrations.
The candidate will be required to consult with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. He/She must have professional experience in front and back-end development disciplines and be familiar with cutting edge technologies that support these development tiers. Experienced candidates will have shown abilities to integrate software components into a fully functional software ecosystem and will need to apply security and privacy principles to all development products. The candidate, as part of the broader team, works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Communications and organization skills; teamwork skills; possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 7 to 9 years of experience in software development required
- Strong CS fundamentals with problem solving, analysis, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience with full stack development
- Experience building distributed high-performance, high-availability systems
- Hands on experience in Core Java & J2EE skills, PL/SQL, scripting & jUnit automated testing tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, responsive and proactive.
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Appreciation for non-functional requirements: performance, scalability, testability and quality
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration practices including automated unit/integration/regression tests, (e.g. GIT, Maven etc)
- Experience with Financial Markets. Foreign Exchange knowledge is a bonus.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, agile development/project environment
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: