Fixed Investment Risk Manager, Americas
This role is for an Investment Risk professional with 3-5 years Fixed Income experience, particularly in the securitized space. The candidate will support the existing Risk Manager. In additional to the entire Fixed Income investment capability, there is scope for the candidate to gain exposure to a broader set of NY Investment Desks such as Equities. The role reports to regional Head of Investment Risk.
Relevant experience in securitized credit includes both tradeable assets (e.g. agency and non-agency MBS, CMBS, Student ABS etc.) and private assets (e.g. real estate loans, CLO warehouse funding).
New York Desks include Fixed Income Credit, Multi-Sector, Emerging Market Debt, Securitized and US Equities. Responsibilities
- Investment risk oversight over investments managed in NY.
- Active contribution (verbal and analytical reports) to risk & performance committees, attended by senior stakeholders including Global Head of Fixed Income Investment.
- Creation and monitoring of fund risk profiles, which document risk limits and discussion trigger indicators.
- Local subject matter expert on risk analytics, particularly for securitized and fixed income more broadly.
- Review of proposed risk limits for new product launches and mandate onboardings.
- Assist Global Compliance team in providing responses to queries from regulators.
- 3 to 5 years of investment risk experience at an investment management company or similar.
- Knowledge of risk characteristics of a fixed income instruments, including securitized and private debt.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree with post-graduate study such as a masters, CFA, or FRM.
- Advanced proficiency with Aladdin.
- Knowledge of US 40 Act rules related to risk management.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.