Fixed Income Securities Trade Support Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
We are now recruiting for an Analyst in the Fixed Income Securities Trade Support Group covering the Emerging Markets (EM) trading desk. The Analyst will work closely with the Business Units and Infrastructure partners in realizing the Firm's objectives. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be exposed to a very steep learning curve and gives all individuals the opportunity to develop a meaningful career within Operations.
This position includes:
- Partnering closely with Trading and Sales to provide the first level of control and escalation
- Responsible in ensuring that the trade bookings are correctly reflected in the trading risk systems and tie out with the Counterparty
- Ensuring that all trades are booked and confirmed as intended by checking the Trading system vs internal Morgan Stanley systems, liaising with Trading, Sales, Brokers or the Counterparty directly
- Intermediary between the Trading desk and other areas of the Bank. Controllers, Settlements and Confirmations areas will come to you to discuss and resolve issues to ensure that breaks are resolved effectively
- Responsible for ensuring current controls are followed, manage critical projects or process improvements with IT and Projects Groups
- Analyze and break down ambiguous or complex issues into concrete deliverables and takes responsibility for ensuring deliverables are met
- Understanding risk implications of Fixed Income operations
- Participate in the U.S. Treasury Auction process
- Working with trading desk, sales, and other operations group to ensure proper trade processing and reporting
- Managing stakeholder relationships across the business unit
- Assisting on any issues, and providing timely escalation to trading desk and Operations senior management Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial industry
- Strong risk management and control mindset
- Individual needs to be performance-driven, proactive, with proven ability to take on challenges, set and execute agenda. Candidate should be a dynamic self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player with strong problem solving skills
- A willingness to engage in a wide range of issues at all levels of detail will be vital
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible to changing priorities and demonstrate good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to build cross-divisional relationships; gain support and respect from key stakeholders (Business Unit, Operations, FCG , Legal & Compliance)
- Ability to multi-task in a high intensity environment. Willingness to transfer knowledge is imperative
- Ability to deliver on plans, complete next steps and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Excel
- Multi-Tasking and time management skills are critical
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management and to trading desk(s)
- Work well in a time sensitive environment
- Self-starter, who is willing to ask questions
-Fixed Income Securities Knowledge (Emerging Markets, Syndicates or Rates)
- Experience with Metric and Data Analysis