Fixed Income Junior Portfolio Manager - Securitized Assets
- Base salary + annual discretionary bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
BlackRock’s Collateralized Loan Obligation team within securitized assets is seeking a Junior PM to support day to day investment management processes on the desk.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Fixed Income team manages more than $1 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
BlackRock’s CLO team within securitized assets is seeking a Junior PM to support day to day investment management processes on the desk. Specifically:
- Manage and transact collateralized loan obligation (“CLO”) across BlackRock’s active fundamental fixed income portfolios.
- Supporting trading responsibilities in the CLO market, including identifying, sourcing and transacting risk in line with team’s investment views.
- Perform relative value analysis within CLO market and across broader fixed income markets.
- Participate in recommendation of portfolio positioning across entire CLO platform.
- Interface with modeling group to perform scenario analysis, model loan loss assumptions, and portfolio analysis.
- Assume primary responsibility for the collection, analysis and dissemination of data within CLO market.
- Maintain key databases to optimize trade execution and decision making for team.
- Facilitate key operational functions of CLO business including order raising, clearing trades through compliance and trade allocation.
- Present updates on CLO market to multi-sector PMs and others throughout the fixed income platform.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant and/or similar experience working in fixed income markets.
- Previous experience in the CLO market is a must.
- Superior financial modeling, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to understand CLO deal structure and investment risks.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics with superior academic record.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Understanding of coding language is a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.