Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Interacting with FO, trading COO’s, Finance colleagues and middle office in ensuring completeness and full implementation of controls in a timely manner
• Being central point of contact with the business on all control related issues with respect to revenue reporting, daily/monthly controls and ad hoc projects
• Managing and developing the team of Product Controllers ensuring in-depth knowledge is passed on, timeliness and the required quality of outputs in regard
• Ensuring the completion of quality P&L commentary and should have a strong understanding of products and strategies in order to do this effectively
• Understanding the balance sheet accounting for the fixed income financing business and ensuring books are closed in a timely way and balance sheet is fully substantiated
• Utilizing knowledge of system infrastructure and control framework to recognize and challenge potential infrastructure efficiencies and control gaps
• Leading initiatives with colleagues and other teams in the development of both infrastructure and control improvements and major enhancement projects
• Representing product control in various regulatory, IT and business projects
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• Great experience in Finance role and various Fixed Income Financing products
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Established and evidenced leadership credentials
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Time management skills while working under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of market instruments
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.