Firm Funding Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 Apr 19
Firm Funding Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) is a division within the Institutional Securities Group that is responsible for the Firm's securities financing transactions (including repo and securities lending), hedging of OTC derivative counterparty exposures and global collateral management.
BRM Strategy & COO Group
• Associate / VP - NA XVA COO Coverage. Responsible for business unit oversight and partner with desk on strategic initiatives involving new products, booking models, balance sheet, liquidity and capital.
• Lead strategic projects to determine and implement key financial metrics required to make appropriate business decisions
• Coordinate analysis of most resource efficient booking models across trading desks, Operations and Finance
• Support of quarterly CCAR processes and recovery resolution planning to name a few.
• Opportunities to work on strategic products DFMR (derivatives carry attribution) impact FID /IED and industry leadership initiatives (LIBOR Decommission).
• Maintain expertise in key regulatory and industry developments impacting the businesses and provide guidance to traders on optimal trade and portfolio structures
Ideal candidate would be extremely technical and have derivatives experience - prior front office, market Risk or finance experience. Needs to be an intellectually curious self- starter with excellent Excel and Power Point skills along with strong communication / collaboration skills. P&L attribution and ability to project manage a plus.
• Ability to set, track, achieve and report on short-term and long-term tasks. Capability to challenge the status-quo.
• Team player who works well with people at varied skill and seniority levels inside and outside of BRM.
• Self-starter who can proactively lead projects.
Organized, detail-oriented, self-starter (highly proactive), confident, comfortable interacting with junior and senior colleagues, ambitious, commercial, willing to assist / teach other members of the team.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.