Fine Art Banker
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Emigrant Savings Bank
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Emigrant Bank Fine Art Finance seeks a Banker with 8-10 years credit and underwriting experience (love and enjoyment of fine arts a major plus for the person, not required for the job!). Primary role is to field initial inquiries and run the loan underwriting process from start to finish, as well as managing the portfolio. We are a boutique finance firm that finances fine art, collectibles, wine, classic cars, rare stringed instruments, and a broad range of valuable specialty assets. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
Emigrant Bank Fine Art Finance is the art financing subsidiary of Emigrant Bank (Member FDIC, founded 1850). We lend money to clients using their art and antiques as collateral, offering competitive bank interest rates and discreet, professional service.
Our clients include individuals, art dealers, trusts and estates, foundations, and museums. They own art and antiques with a minimum value of $2 million. Our loan programs help them finance new purchases, create liquidity, build their inventory, diversify their assets, pay gift and estate taxes, and facilitate estate planning.
Our loans are structured to provide our clients with the highest level of flexibility. We offer loans with terms of up to 10 years. Our loans can be structured as a term loan, line of credit, or letter of credit. In most cases, clients retain possession of their art.
Our team has decades of executive-level experience at leading private banks and auction houses.
- Serve as a key member of the deal team in the underwriting and loan approval process.
- Screen inquiries, extensive due diligence and underwriting.
- Manage loan approval process and all necessary work to document and close the transaction.
- Manage portfolio and loan servicing.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 8-10 years of financial transaction experience, with a strong focus on credit and (private bank) loan underwriting
- Interpret and discuss analytical data
- Strong credit analysis and financial modeling
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Formal credit training program or MBA/CFA is a plus
- Self-motivated individual capable of working on multiple deals in a timely fashion with limited oversight
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.