At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with real time information on companies' financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company. What's the role?
Company Financials has a unique opportunity in the New York as a Team Leader to help manage its Financial Research Data Analyst Team. As the needs from our data offerings continue to grow, aligning our team by asset class (ie Equities, Credit, Strategy, ESG) and industry (ie. Tech, Retail, Energy) will help us in specializing our coverage, improving the quality of our offering and delivering more unique data to our clients.
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing a team of Financial Research Data Analysts. Your team will be entrusted to set standards that will ensure quality and timely delivery of content while also growing our data offering. The team will work closely with experienced analysts in Bloomberg Intelligence and collaborate with our data teams globally. We'll trust you to:
We'd love to see:
- Manage a team of Financial Research Data Analysts who will serve as the primary leads for their asset class/industries in setting standards, ensuring high quality data and liaising with Bloomberg Intelligence
- Set group direction and strategy while communicating a clear vision to your department, Bloomberg Intelligence, and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Work closely with Bloomberg Intelligence to evaluate feedback and drive prioritization of data initiatives
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership experience within a Financial data role
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing superior service to Bloomberg Intelligence and other internal/external clients, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients' needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
Does this sound like you?
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg terminal fluency, and/or Bloomberg Global Data workflows
- Experience or strong interest in financial modelling
- Experience working with industry data as part of your product coverage
- Experience or strong interest in writing research and ability to mentor team members with feedback
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.