Financial Reporting Associate
Support the management with financial accounting operations for Mizuho Bank (MHBK) New York and MHBK Grand Cayman. Support leaders to ensure compliance with accounting standards and internal accounting policies. Responsibilities: 1) Key Responsibilities
2) Technical and Other Skills Required
- Perform preparation and review of daily/monthly monitoring and reconciliation, month-end book closing, and various financial statements and reports.
- Mentor junior staff members to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Coordinate with external auditors, other departments and Head Office for timely completion of financial audits.
- Provide adequate guidance and training to the junior accounting staff regarding the operation as well as accounting standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Enhance procedures and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial accounting operations.
- Perform monitoring, reconciliations and book closing and prepare various financial statements and reports.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from Head Office and auditors and establish necessary operations to comply with the requirements
- Research accounting standards and accounting treatment of existing/new products and transactions
- Participate in system enhancement projects and business projects from a financial accounting perspective
- Provide support to other staff of the Unit, as needed.
- Perform daily closing process of general ledger system, if assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE
- MS Office Suite: Excel (Advanced), Word (Advanced), Access (Intermediate) and PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of financial products (e.g., loans, deposits, securities, derivatives, money market products and repo).
- Experience in accounting system implementation is preferable
- CPA certification required
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.