Financial Planning & Analysis MIS Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
Finance MIS Analyst The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team provides analysis, planning and decision support coverage across investment management, client focused distribution channels, technology, infrastructure and corporate operations to improve business analysis, better inform management decision-making and communicate more effectively with key stakeholders. The
Finance MIS Analyst
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team provides analysis, planning and decision support coverage across investment management, client focused distribution channels, technology, infrastructure and corporate operations to improve business analysis, better inform management decision-making and communicate more effectively with key stakeholders.
The FP&A team provides direct support to the Chief Financial Officer in the areas of planning, forecasting, reporting and value-added analysis. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This role in FP&A partners closely with the Management Information Systems (MIS) team in Finance. The primary responsibility of the MIS team is to increase the operating efficiency and effectiveness of global finance by process re-engineering and data optimization – the way we create, handle and present data and automation. The team is responsible for gathering requirements from various stakeholders; analyzing, validating and documenting business and system requirements; and project and change management. In addition, the team works in collaboration with various other teams across the firm to integrate and consolidate various data sources as we move toward a centralized data hub that will enable automated reporting from a single source of data.
The role will report to the FP&A MIS Director and will direct and/or support process, project and change management. The Analyst must be resourceful, comfortable working with minimal direction at times, professional and able to be flexible as the work changes and evolves. He/she will work closely with staff across the organization and should build close working relationships with key connections at all levels.
- Act as a point of contact for FP&A when questions or issues arise related to our MIS platform and work cross functionally to resolve them
- Track outstanding MIS issues or questions and ensure all stakeholders are updated regularly on the status of open items
- Ensure documentation of all FP&A processes are update and work with project teams on the documentation of new enhancement
- Analyze and understand business needs, processes and operating models as well as the tools and technology in place to support FP&A and the business
- Analyze impact of proposed solutions across the business, develop use cases to explain / demonstrate business requirements to IT teams, and contribute a business or process perspective during design
- Translate business requirements into test plans; conduct and facilitate testing in cooperation with development teams and business. Ensure issues are captured and develop plans to remediate them
- 2+ years of business analysis experience including implementing business transformation initiatives, reporting platforms, or efficiency programs
- Solid understanding of the project management process coupled with detailed understanding of business analysis and testing techniques, communication approaches and methodologies for managing the implementation of change initiatives
- Familiarity with FP&A / investment management industry with process best practices, technology development best practices and integration best practices
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience defining and building process flows and data flows using Visio is a plus
- Working knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1/ BI is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems, create a framework for approach, and propose solutions
- Innovative thinking and vision
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Project Management Methodologies, six sigma or other process methodologies
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.