Financial Markets Advisory, Vice President, Securitized Products Capital Markets
Description About this role About BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory Business
BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (FMA) group provides a wide range of services to governments, central banks, and financial institutions globally. FMA leverages the firm's capital markets, data and risk analytics, technology, and financial modeling capabilities while maintaining stringent information barriers and other procedures to protect client sensitive information and manage potential conflicts of interest.
FMA advises financial institutions, regulators and government entities on their most critical and complex financial issues - from bank stress-testing to unwinding a portfolio of assets to designing and executing bond purchase programs to support to the economy.
We work with our clients' senior management on balance sheet and capital markets exposures as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory, and operational challenges. Since our founding in 2008, we have completed over 500 assignments for more than 280 unique clients in 37 countries.
Our technology and analytical capabilities give us a unique ability to respond to client needs. We leverage BlackRock's Aladdin® technology platform and the firm's sophisticated capital markets, risk analytics, data management, and financial modeling capabilities to deliver results-oriented consulting and advisory services.
Our professionals work out of all BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing FMA to serve clients in different locations and respond to urgent needs as they arise. To deliver the most effective team for any client situation, we assign professionals based on their expertise and can deploy from multiple offices. We seek a candidate with capital markets expertise to support FMA clients and their objectives. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Support / lead the execution of fixed income portfolio analyses across recurring and ad-hoc client engagements
- Develop a strong understanding of BlackRock's fixed income modeling and analytical capabilities; contribute subject matter expertise to the development of future BlackRock models and analytics
- Assist in designing bespoke approaches to fixed income asset and portfolio analyses
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth market, transaction, and industry research
- Work with loan-level collateral data; model deal structures, loan / bond cash flows, etc.
- Conduct surveillance on client portfolios as part of ongoing advisory and risk reporting efforts
- Stay abreast of relevant market trends
- Understand client and business context driving client opportunities and challenges
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, and pitches and demonstrate ability to synthesize complex markets and analytics topics to internal and external audiences
- 5+ years of experience within the financial services industry, including specific experience with fixed income and securitized product asset classes (e.g., CMBS, RMBS, CLOs, Consumer ABS); CRE / CMBS experience in particular a plus
- Understanding of securitized products, including deal waterfalls and collateral analysis
- Familiarity with securitized product data sources, e.g., Trepp, Intex
- Experience with CRE credit review / loan underwriting a plus
- Broad understanding of financial institutions, fixed income assets and analytics, and capital markets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes initiative and comfortable performing under pressure to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Proficient in performing complex analyses involving large datasets in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Python / VBA a plus
- BA / BS degree
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.