- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Financial Markets - U.S. Regime Management Lead
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Markets - U.S. Regime Management LeadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Title: "U.S. Regime Management Lead"
• Manage the U.S. Regulatory Operations team to define and deliver on strategic direction for the regulatory regimes managed out of the U.S., which include certain regional Americas regimes.
• Ensure that the U.S. Regulatory Operations' process and controls are well defined, documented and operating effectively through oversight of offshore GBS (Global Business Services) teams.
• Act as lead point of operational contact for all stakeholders to the relevant regimes.
• Manage relevant regimes' risks and issues, and ensure they are visible across relevant governance.
• Rationalize regulatory changes impacting FM (Financial Markets) Operations' processes and controls.
Our Ideal Candidate
Mandatory regulatory knowledge and experience:
• Strong understanding of the regulatory trade and transaction reporting landscape.
• Experience in Banking Operations, Middle Office, or other relevant functions.
• Familiarity with OTC derivatives (across FX, Rates, Commodities, Credit and Equities).
• High familiarity with Dodd-Frank CFTC post-trade regulations - especially trade reporting requirements - and 'Swap Dealer Repositories' such as DTCC's 'Global Trade Repository'.
Qualification and skills:
• Analytical mindset, strong focus and attention to detail.
• Strong prioritization and organization skills.
• Highly personable with excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated team player attitude.
• Technical skills crucial to analyse data, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• A control-focused mindset and robust understanding of risk analysis mitigation.
• Working knowledge of common U.S. industry vendors and widely used regulatory reporting systems, such as MarkitWire.
• Familiarity with Canada, Federal Reserve reporting, and Colombia reporting regimes.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.