Financial Market Infrastructure Specialist - Supervision Group
The Financial Market Infrastructure Function (FMIF) within the Supervision Group fosters financial stability through the supervision of financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and market infrastructure related topics. Previous priority market infrastructure topics have included tri-party repo reform, margin for non-centrally cleared derivatives and the transition to a T 2 settlement cycle. The team coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement cross-discipline programs.
The ideal candidate would have regulatory or markets experience with clearing and settlement infrastructure and/or market structure; responsibilities below relate to these topics. Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality quantitative and qualitative analyses based on numerous inputs that connect developments in markets and supervised institutions.
- Develop and support execution of communications, education, awareness around the team’s priority topics.
- Clearly articulate complex ideas with specific insights and recommendations to principals.
- Support development of strategies to execute priority work across the Bank and the System.
- Build relationships and proactively coordinate and collaborate with colleagues across the System, Board and FRBNY.
- Provide broad perspective and thought leadership to develop and implement key strategies and critical business priorities at an organizational and System level.
- Support Bank’s Diversity and Inclusion agenda.
- Provide informal mentoring and coaching to more junior staff.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. 7-10 years of relevant work experience strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills; intellectual capacity and agility to assimilate and analyze qualitative and quantitative information to identify potential issues and implications.
- Strong self-management skills, including ability to take initiative and ownership of assignments, produce results under tight time constraints, operate within rapidly evolving priorities, and work independently and as a team member.
- Strong collaboration skills, including possessing a flexible and positive attitude and pursuing effective working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to articulate and frame complex ideas, tailor communication appropriately to the audience, and articulate key messages to senior principals.