Financial Institutions Group Product Strategist, Associate
Description About this role
Products designed to meet specific financial institution balance sheet asset management needs are offered through BlackRock's Global Fixed Income (GFI) FIG business. In support of the growth objectives of this business, we are looking to add to our global team of FIG product strategists who are primarily responsible for supporting new business development and internal and external branding of the FIG global franchise.
The GFI FIG Product Strategist will be responsible for supporting the growth orientation of the Global Fixed Income FIG business with a particular focus on new business development and brand building. Responsibilities
- Partner with distribution channels to develop, advance, and support fixed income new business opportunities for the FIG team.
- Help develop and execute new business evaluation procedures to ensure appropriateness and feasibility of opportunities
- Support the production of all investment related thought leadership, pitch materials, RFP responses and customized solution materials
- Maintain a complete understanding of FIG Portfolio Team's philosophy, investment and product suite. Be able to articulate the FIG platform capabilities to internal and external clients
- Support development of a comprehensive training program to help ensure adequate internal coverage of FIG's very unique and bespoke client base
- BA/BS, strong communication and quantitative skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and coordination skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple constituencies; ability to manage to multiple conflicting deadlines
- Strong fixed income background and understanding of product and markets either as a client facing investment professional or in a product specialist type role. Insurance specific knowledge or an understanding of income core general account asset management is a plus.
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), Bloomberg, Barclays Live, and MSCI ESG Manager
- Familiarity with new business workflows. These include working with the Institutional Client Business (ICB) team responsible for managing and developing BlackRock's client relationships and the Global Consultant Relations (GCR) team, which is responsible for maintaining BlackRock's relationship with investment consulting firms, on RFPs, client pitch decks, and other bespoke client requests.
- 4-6 years of professional work experience in the financial services sector; insurance industry or fixed income specific experience is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.