Financial Institutions Group Marketing, Associate
Description About this role About this role:
This is an Associate level role based in New York, reporting to the Americas Head of Marketing Strategy within the Financial Institutions Group (FIG). Since founding FIG in 1990, BlackRock's focus has been to enhance outcomes, returns, convenience, value, and transparency for our insurance partners and deliver holistic portfolio solutions. Today, we manage more than US$400 billion in general account assets on behalf of insurers and have a dedicated team of insurance professionals to deliver the breadth of BlackRock's global resources.
This individual will work closely with the FIG Sales Team, Insurance Solutions, Global Event Management, and Institutional Client Business (ICB) Marketing. The purpose of this role is to enable commercial outcomes and strategic alignment with the insurance industry through proprietary events and content and 3rd party partnerships.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities: Job Purpose/Background:
- Takes ownership of Financial institutions Group (FIG) marketing calendar and representation to internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership role for FIG media presence on platforms, including LinkedIn. Collaborates closely with BlackRock Media / Communications departments
- In partnership with FIG Sales, represent fig with other marketing counterparts internally
- Leads marketing execution in partnership with FIG Sales and ICB Marketing, for flagship events like BlackRock's annual Insurance Leadership Symposium
- Project manages pre/post/during event collateral such as creating an invitation, setting an agenda, and high-level scripting with input and support from FIG Sales. Ensures Sales Team and RMs proactively follow-up with leads.
- Provides centralized point of contact for 3rd parties and leads annual assessment of 3rd party relationships.
- Oversee execution of 3rd party partnerships by processing the following:
- Speaker agreements
- Vendor contracts
- Brand oriented requests (use of logo, recordings / replays)
- Serves as "center of excellence" for digital marketing - leading all aspects of process management, setting and measuring KPIs, benchmarks and metrics, and suggesting ways to increase reach and conversion
- Designs and runs marketing lead models, measuring engagement across touchpoints and passing engaged leads to sales team via CRM
- Utilizes aCRM (Aladdin CRM) to maintain current contact lists for the Financial Institutions Group
- 5+ years of experience in financial services industry preferred, preferably in a content-heavy role such as marketing or RFP-writing, or in a client-support role; a desire to learn about the markets and investing is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in finance, marketing or a related field
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on a high-performance team environment
- Adaptable, reliable with a strong can-do attitude and delivery focus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to coordinate across multiple functions and stakeholders
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills; ability and/or willingness to frame, structure, and execute projects and open-ended concepts
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments without compromising high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.