Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Relationship Management
Description About this role
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with BlackRock's global financial institutions clients which include insurance companies, banks, and other financial firms. We pride ourselves on creating and delivering bespoke investment solutions, advisory, and analysis to our sophisticated client base. The group is one of the industry's largest managers of insurance company assets, and our insurance practice is a strategic focus of the firm.
As part of the FIG team, you will work as part of a team of client-facing relationship management professionals with a deep understanding of industry trends, client needs, and BlackRock's capabilities across investment management, risk, and advisory. You will be a key point of contact for external clients and will work across various internal partner teams with the goal of delivering the firm to this important institutional client segment.
- Coordinating day-to-day delivery of BlackRock's asset management and associated services, including:
- Accurate and timely client reporting
- Regular and ad-hoc data and analytics requests generated by Aladdin
- Preparation for and participation in client market and portfolio reviews
- Design, ownership, and delivery of complex and/or ad hoc client requests
- Managing portfolio compliance to client guidelines
- Engaging BlackRock's capabilities and organization on behalf of our clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior client counterparts, which requires:
- Anticipating client needs and prompt responses to client inquiries
- Cultivating an awareness of client specific investment and operational priorities and sensitivities
- Developing expertise in our client's industry dynamics and trends as well as their specific investment needs
- Learning fundamentals of insurance financial statements, regulatory and accounting trends
- Supporting new business and product development, including:
- Supporting account plan development and execution for current clients to expand relationships, helping to drive commercial opportunities
- Developing knowledge of BlackRock products and services
- Initiating and designing client specific solutions
- Supporting implementation, including account set up, guideline development and establishing service needs
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to think and act proactively, and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional client service
- Working knowledge of fixed income, equity and alternative markets and instruments
- Knowledge of insurance investing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- CFA Level 1 (or more) a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.