Financial Institutions Group - Investment Banker
Are you solution oriented? Do you always have an eye toward improving processes? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– identify and meet client needs, coordinating with client coverage teams
– develop pitch book presentations
– create financial models of alternative equity investments
– spot problems, generate options and recommend solutions (you're a contingency planner by nature)
You'll be working in the Financial Institutions Group as an Analyst in New York. As an Analyst on the FIG team you will be responsible for:
– pitching and executing mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory, and capital raising transactions for industry companies in the Financial Services sector. With a focus on industry subsectors including insurance, asset management, banks, specialty finance and financial technology.
– utilizing deep understanding of the market dynamics and drivers of the Financial Services sector and detailed knowledge of financial products.
– preparing valuation analyses, including detailed financials models, and tailored advice in support of clients' evaluation.
– creating detailed operating, merger, and leveraged buyout models to analyze the financial impact of potential transactions.
– providing financial and valuation analyses such as merger consequences, public comparable, and discounted cash flow valuation
– building financial models and conducting analysis of financial and client data
Your experience and skills
– a degree in a finance related area
– some experience in investment banking or corporate finance, ideally
– solid analytical and quantitative skills
– ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
– solid writing and financial analysis skills with the ability to distill information and produce accurate presentation materials utilizing Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
– a great communicator
– always looking to expand your skill set, including relationship building
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.