- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18
Financial Engineer (FinTech)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role:
A customer-facing engineer whose primary responsibility is to develop forward-thinking analytical solutions while addressing on-going business demands in the structured finance sector.
- Client Relationship Management Support, demo, and train potential and existing clients on software applications.
- Product Development: Identify product improvement opportunities. Design product features.
- Triage client and product issues.
- Business Development: Identify market needs and trends. Identify potential business development opportunities and demo products to prospects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments.
- Lead the implementation, customization, and use of analytic solutions.
- Provide approvals for User Acceptance Testing of new product development.
- Assist with special projects.
- Train junior staff.
- Some travel may be required.
Structured Analytics and Valuations
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts required and exposure to structured finance strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL or other scripting or coding languages required.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem-solving ability required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.