Financial Engineer - Content Solutions
Job Description As part of the Financial Engineering team you will have the opportunity to design and integrate new features to support our Structured Finance products including but not limited to our Web Portal, data feeds and API's. Additionally, you will be able to offer strategic guidance to our customers to meet their technology, modeling and data needs.
- Work with the team to develop detailed customer installation and/or system integration plans for a wide variety of financial institutions using our analytic software and data solutions
- Brainstorm, design, and develop an enterprise software product
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience
- Work collaboratively with a core global team of architects, developers, and business analysts
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Perform gap analysis and provide strategic business solutions
- Build ad hoc cashflow models and a perform performance data updates for Structure Finance transactions using proprietary software platform
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments
- Assist with special projects
- Occasional travel is required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or related field. Master's degree is preferred
- 1-2 years working experience with CMBS/CRE
- 2-3 years working experience, preferably in Structured Finance industry
- Prior working experience of Intex and/Or Trepp product suites
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and securitization.
- Working knowledge of SQL, VBA or other scripting or coding languages required.
- Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, C++, Python, etc.
- Preferred knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Preferred knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem-solving ability
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.