- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Financial Data Associate
Location: New York, NY, USAAs a Ratings Desk Associate on the Ratings Desk Services team you will identify market activity, conduct in-depth reviews of issuance/organizational documentation to assess rating eligibility of the issuance, and determine the appropriate seniority and rating for these instruments.
- Ensure global regulatory controls (e.g., Dodd-Frank) and internal credit policy requirements are adhered to across the end to end ratings process
- Review, analyze and interpret critical legal, contingency or other provisions within deal documents (pricing supplements, prospectus, etc.) to apply credit methodologies, rating and regulatory guidelines
- Determine rating/estimate eligibility and seniority classification for all issuance or portfolios managed by the Ratings Desk Services team
- Where appropriate, determine whether further analysis is required by rating analyst
- Develop in-depth understanding of Moody's credit methodologies, issuer financial instruments, issuer document packages and related business practices
- Gather all required documentation and regularly track news wires/vendors and appropriately flag relevant items / developments related to debt markets
- Proactive outreach and engagement with Issuers to secure a comprehensive view of the issuance portfolio
- Promptly and efficiently escalate, identify and research issuance, discrepancies, conflicts, or otherwise and summarize findings for the analyst
- As part of the rating process, associate may interact with issuers, investors and intermediaries
- Provide professional and prompt resolution related to inquiries for both internal and external clients
- Continue to develop knowledge of financial instruments, policies, methodology updates and any related business practices and other tasks/functions as required
Required • Minimum undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
• 1-3 years of experience required
• Familiarity with debt capital markets preferred (e.g. coursework and/or relevant work experience) with prior experience in reviewing financial/legal documentation Willing to accept new challenges and demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines and has the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of MS programs including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.