- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Financial Data Associate
Location: New York, NY, USAAs a Financial Data Associate, you will provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative work related to a subset of deals which includes:
- Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited: to data updates, prepares rating action, bulk rating actions, publishing ratings, research and press release templates and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support
- Monitors designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests. Organizes work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
- Facilitates resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Financial Data Associate/Specialist/Team Leader
- Builds positive relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
- Promptly and efficiently escalates conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency
- Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
- Resolves basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients)
- Demonstrates increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
- Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody's departments (Commercial, Information Technology, etc.) as required
- Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless service to GMO clients
- Willing to accept new challenges
- Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
- Contributes positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks
- Places interest of the team above individual self-interest
- Entry level position. Some relevant work experience and/or relevant internship experience preferred
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts to a senior audience
- Highly organized and efficient
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.