A top-tier FinTech firm which focuses on real estate finance is currently looking to hire a Financial Data Analyst with 3 - 5+ years of experience using SQL and Python (which are both required). The role reports to the Director of Investments and can be based anywhere in the Eastern US.
Financial Data Analyst
The Financial Data Analyst will be part of the Investments team and will be responsible for gathering, cleaning, analyzing and translating data from multiple sources into information that enables the team to make well-informed decisions based on empirical evidence.
- Analyze real estate industry fundamentals, including such factors as supply/demand, replacement costs, valuations and city/sub-market trends.
- Assist in monitoring current portfolios and investments (review quarterly reports, meet periodically with partners/operators/management teams, prepare, and present both investment management and integral reviews).
- Keep abreast of macroeconomic views and the impact on the real estate markets and respective sectors.
- Assist in the commentary relating to periodic performance and valuation reports.
- Collaborate with all teams to drive discovery and requirements gathering for data management and business analytics efforts
- Develop Business Intelligence and Descriptive Analytics reports, such as monthly and quarterly investment performance reports, leveraging their knowledge of real estate, fixed income, and PE.
- Develop custom-formatted data outputs to meet project requirements
- Develop standard data extracts/reports/analyses for senior leadership
- Acquire data from primary and/or secondary data sources and maintain databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
- Turn data into information, information into insights to support the transformation of insights into business decisions
- Support teams across the firm on special projects and initiatives that impact client experience, client retention, business strategy, the sales process, financial analysis, and all other functional areas
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques, develop and enhance outputs for internal teams, business partners and clients
- Filter and clean data feeds from many sources, to enhance data accuracy
- BA/BS required
- 3 -5+ years in a Data Analyst, Financial Reporting, and/or an Accounting role
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, and Python
- Business analysis, report design, project management and presentation skills
- Ability to gather requirements from business partners and implement solutions to fulfill those requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines