Financial Crimes Compliance Manager, Director - Alternatives Business
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Financial Crime Compliance Alternatives, Director
BlackRock's Global Compliance Department protects BlackRock’s reputation and provides advice to the business focused on ensuring the protection of our client’s best interests. The department is a dynamic environment with the team focused on understanding evolving business strategy, challenging and advising on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business in translating Compliance into their daily work and decision making;
- Putting client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing BlackRock’s compliance culture;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation to our business and to the market; and
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
The firm is seeking an individual to be part of the Global Financial Crime Compliance Team based in New York, responsible for helping to build out and lead the global compliance program for BlackRock’s Alternative businesses. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of, and experience in, asset management, alternative products, compliance and financial crime risk management. The role is based in New York and would report to the Americas Head of Financial Crime.
- Enhance and manage the global compliance framework in relation to managing the Financial Crime risk of BlackRock’s Alternatives business (e.g., Private Equity, Hedge Fund of Funds, Real Estate, Infrastructure, etc.) including leveraging technology and improving processes where appropriate.
- Manage and continuously enhance compliance policies and procedures related to Alternatives Financial Crime compliance
- Partner with counterparts in Legal and Compliance to provide clear technical advice, guidance and training on Financial Crime risk to senior stakeholders across the business
- Partner with key stakeholders including Business, Operations, Risk Management, Legal and Compliance to conduct due diligence on transactions and associated parties in the Alternatives business (e.g., Private Equity, Hedge Fund of Funds, Real Estate, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Act as the escalation point of contact for complex transactions
- Manage a team responsible for conducting Financial Crime due diligence and/or investigations on the risk posed by alternative private transactions
- Ensure the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate
- Develop key metrics to measure the success of the compliance program.
- Form strong relationships with key individuals within the business globally.
- Work within a global team and communicate effectively to members of that team
- There is some capacity for the individual to shape the role according to the enhancement needs of the compliance framework supporting a dynamic and growing global business. The individual will gain an appreciation of BlackRock’s expanding Alternatives businesses and associated risks across the globe. This role will have significant interaction with senior Business, Compliance and Legal stakeholders.
- The successful candidate should be genuinely experienced in managing or executing Alternatives compliance programs for financial institutions, preferably through having worked for an investment, asset management or private equity firm. 10 + years of experience in this field is expected.
- The successful candidate should have strong understanding of the alternative business space (e.g., Private Equity, Hedge Fund of Funds, Real Estate, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of at least one of the following financial crime areas of AML, Sanctions, Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption is a plus
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement and enhancement including the automation of processes
- A strong understanding of key controls and policies to mitigate Financial Crime risk associated with the Alternatives space
- Proven ability to enhance and manage a compliance program, including directing staff across multiple locations.
- Excellent communication, judgment and business partnership skills are expected.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.