Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are hiring for a Financial Controller role within a growing Fintech Trading firm located in Manhattan New York. Our client requires a CPA and Controller experience at a small/startup firm, Big 4 foundation is desirable. The role will manage one Staff Accountant and cover AR/AP, GL oversight, US GAAP/IFRS Reporting, Cash Management. The role requires at least 3 or 4 days in the midtown Manhattan office.
- Establish and lead a team of accounting professionals with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring of staff
- Lead the implementation of internal control procedures and identification of inefficiencies and implementation of process improvements.
- Lead all financial statement preparation, presentation, and retention in accordance with IFRS
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures and internal business controls that ensure sustainable and profitable business growth.
- Oversee the management of the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close process
- Review monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies, ensure account balances are fully reconciled, and manage the preparation of financial results in a timely manner
- Manage and ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing of all transactions which include Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Fixed Asset, Prepaid Expenses, Monthly Accruals, and all Balance Sheet and P&L account reconciliations and analysis
- Provide technical accounting guidance relating to tax, equity, lease accounting, M&A and any other area reflective of business development and develop strategies for compliance with emerging accounting and tax rule changes and guidance from oversight bodies.
- Implement, enhance and scale financial accounting software
- Manage and oversee key external relationships with audit professionals, consultants, tax advisors and other third-party financial service providers
- CPA required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and maintains industry related technical expertise
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience; ideally, a public accounting/private industry mix
- Proven track record of building and leading accounting teams
- Proven ability to identify and drive process and system implementations and improvements including experience with enhancing and scaling financial accounting software
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures
This Financial Controller role is located in midtown Manhattan New York, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is dependent on experience, however the initial range is $120-150k base plus bonus and equity. If your profile matches the above criteria, please apply/email me Trishan.Khareghat@roberthalf.com