Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading company looking for a financial controller to join their team in Houston. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Daily maintenance of all financial records, ensuring compliance and accurate and timely reporting to relevant parties
- Maintenance of financial controls and audit preparation
- Oversee bank account, carrying out reconciliations and daily reports as well as coordinating with banks for trade finance/limits
- Support trading team by carrying out necessary finance related trade support functions. E.g., KYC, counterparty engagement and follow up, etc.
- Reports into head of finance & accounts
- 4+ years' experience in an accounting/ finance role ideally with strong knowledge of the principles of accounting, banking & trade finance and relevant systems
- CPA/CA qualified and good experience with finance 7 documentation matters
- Strong knowledge of an ERP system such as SAP/Q-Book as wells as the office suite and financial and accounting software
- Strong knowledge of local taxation law and compliance, commercial mindset, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Role to be based in Houston