JobDescription : Job Description
The Team: The team is responsible for execution of the ongoing financial planning and analysis cycle, including budgeting, forecasting, and finance business partnering for Cost of Sales (Royalties) and Market Data
The Impact: The goal for creating this position is to continue to elevate the skillset and profile of the S&P Dow Jones Indices finance team and to create succession planning for key roles within the finance group. Ultimately, this position will contribute by continuing to implement FP&A best practices, creating and distributing value-added financial analysis, and adding to the strategic positioning of finance within S&P Dow Jones Indices. What's in it for you
: This role will immediately be tasked with execution of the ongoing FP&A process and with enhancing existing processes, procedures, and analyses in order to add effectiveness and efficiency to the team. Additionally, this will be a high exposure role with the opportunity to collaborate directly with functional leaders in driving financial and operational value from within each of the functional units. Lastly, this position will play a significant role in elevating the profile and scope of analysis performed on the business and will contribute to business decision making on a regular basis. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For and Basic Qualifications:
- Play a key role in the annual financial planning process, including preparation of the yearly operating plan and the monthly estimates/projections
- Provide in-depth financial analysis for critical operating expense items in conjunction with preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting;
- Execute the monthly close process for operating expenses, ensuring both accuracy and precision of the monthly actuals and forward looking estimates
- Act as finance business partner to key operational functions
- Play a key role in creating key performance indicators and development of financial and operational dashboards for use by senior management
- Manage all aspects of quarterly revenue share reporting for all partners
- Provide financial support for M&A activity and commercial deal-making on an ad hoc basis
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Financial acumen accumulated through prior experience in a strategic finance organization
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities; someone who can look at a problem and intuitively develop solutions and execute
- Top-notch communication skills and an ability to collaborate across all levels of seniority within the organization
- Strong project management skills; an ability to keep multiples balls in the air at once and drive key priorities to completion
- 3+ years prior experience in a financial planning and analysis role or a combination of public accounting/industry financial planning and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- CPA desirable but not mandatory
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.