At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots we operate in 13 countries, we specialize in active asset management, wealth management and investment solutions that fit. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
Who we are:
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (VAMUS) is wholly owned by Vontobel Holding AG (Parent), a Swiss company. The VAMUS is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
VAMUS primarily manages and sub-advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of mutual funds and separately managed accounts.
As the Accounting Professional you will support the Finance and Business Operations team to ensure that Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (the "Company") meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global financial institution and that any other business related tasks are addressed.
Your opportunity What You Will Do
- We at VAMUS are looking for a Financial Accounting Professional to join our US Finance and Business Operations team. You as the right talent should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS), as well as understanding of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- You will be expected to perform high quality work in VAMUS' Finance function. The position will manage VAMUS' financial books and records, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, capital requirements, financial systems integration, audit function and aspects of the treasury and tax functions. You as the Financial Accounting Professional will work with the Finance team to ensure that VAMUS meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global financial institution and that any other business-related tasks are addressed.
Who You Are
- Assist with managing VAMUS' financial information, financial statements, books and records in accordance with GAAP and IFRS to ensure compliance with state and federal law, particularly such regulatory requirements as it relates to VAMUS' status as a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assist with accounts payable activities, including reviewing, preparing, processing coding of invoices
- Maintain general ledger, accounts payable, receivables, fixed asset and other sub-ledgers
- Perform cash management and maintain banking relationships, monitor account balances and prepare documentation for the monthly account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing financial results reporting for management, the parent company and the board of directors
- Perform tax filings and execute tax payments
- Coordinate internal and external audits activities and requests
- Perform financial Planning and analysis work including implementation of strategy / client costing and profitability reporting
- Prepare budget/forecast tracking, monitoring and comparison reporting
- Maintain vendor onboarding and contract management process and oversee vendor management and due diligence environment
- Assist in supporting tactical and strategic office initiatives
What We Offer
- You are highly motivated, proactive, collaborative, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience working in the financial services industry, preferably with exposure to the rules of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- You have an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar discipline with a CPA designation (audit experience is desired, MBA is a plus)
- You have strong technical skills, sharp intellect, and ability to understand and decipher complex finance and business problems
- You are a problem solver capable of implementing and effectively using technology (MS Excel, and other business tools)
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and can articulate effectively regarding complex topics
- You are inherently capable of developing internal and external relationships and partnerships
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, transparent and diverse environment
- You believe in innovation and its place in maintaining a productive and sustained business environment
- You are open and flexible to take on various tasks and assignments and assist other team members or business units where needed
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork and transparency are important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits (medical insurance fully covered)
- Base salary between USD 100,000.- to USD 150,000.- per annum depending on experience.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .