POSITION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - FAMILY OFFICE
The family office provides and /or coordinates , with trusted outside financial and legal professionals, a full range of customized financial services for its clients and their various related entities, such as foundations, trusts, partnerships, and corporations , including accounting, payables/receivables, payroll, tax planning and compliance , treasury, banking, legal, insurance, wealth management analytics and reporting, estate planning, and other services.
- Accounting and Record Management
- Cash management, financial reporting and treasury/cash management, including process of domestic and international wire transfers, foreign-exchange transactions, private equity and real a sset s investment capital calls.
- Manage Minutes Books and Records . Perform month-end bank and asset account reconciliations for over 75 accounts.
- Assist in production of monthly financial statements , including balance sheets, projected and actual US and international cash and capital flow reports, income statements and reconciliation reports , real estate capital improvement reports and contractor tracking and reconciliations.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable for family members and associated entities.
- Taxes and Payroll
- Process weekly payroll, including wages, federal withholding, FICA, Medicare, state income tax, disability, unemployment insurance, worker's compensation, sick/vacation pay, merit raises and bonuses.
- P lanning and management of federal and multi- state tax return preparation and pro cessing for all applicable US tax persons and entities, including the development o f a schedule of tax filings, jurisdictions, preparation/review timelines and target filing dates.
- Investment Administration
- Work in coordination with Senior Accountant and external investment and legal advisers to prepare and execute approved investment subscriptions, redemptions and capital calls i n a timely and efficient manner, according to approved procedures and practices.
- Monitor a large number of investments, including hedge funds, private equity and real asset funds, public trades, direct private investments, managed accounts, fixed income, foreign currencies, commodities and cash; monitor timely reporting from outside managers and review and record same.
- Maintain and monitor philanthropic gift contracts and files and monitor gift payment schedules .
- Maintain and monitor financial and activities reports received from non-profit institutions, centers and programs and activities founded and funded by Family members and/or associated entities.
Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office. Experience with Paychex, Navision/ NavOne , BNA .
Bachelor's degree with college accounting credits; 6 + years' experience working for a public accounting firm or in a finance role for a law firm or corporate business.