Finance and Accounting - Associate/Senior Associate
The financial and accounting team oversees the accounting for Citadel's Asset Management, Broker-Dealer, General Partner and Corporate Entities, including day-to-day operations, monthly closes, and quarterly financial reporting.
Our teams cover corporate accounting, fund accounting, investor accounting, financial reporting, accounting policy, regulatory reporting, controls oversight and projects led by or impacting accounting.
The team oversees the work of several teams at our fund administrator and also works closely with many internal groups across the firm, including Front Office, Treasury, Clearing & Settlements, Financial Planning & Analysis and IT.
A successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. Responsibilities may include: Participate in the close and financial reporting process:
Participate in the audit process:
- Prepare and review monthly close packages
- Prepare and review consolidated financial statements and footnotes
- Perform and review monthly financial analysis and present results to senior management
- Review various investor reports and respond to investor requests for data
- Prepare and review regulatory reports
Participate in strategic initiatives involving:
- Coordinate with external auditors on financial and control audits
- Assist in other reviews/reporting requirements, including regulator exams
- Ensure compliance with internal control requirements
- Support of new business initiatives
- Opportunities to enhance controls
- Opportunities to streamline and standardize processes
- Automation in an effort to reduce risk and manual intervention in order to reallocate efforts to value add activities
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services strongly preferred.
- Big Four public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in improving processes and working on projects designed to improve efficiencies.
- Excellent Excel skills, including the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience of working under tight deadlines and delivering high quality results.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, high energy level, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and impeccable integrity.
- An adaptive, flexible style with the ability to succeed in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Accounting; from a top-tier university with a consistent outstanding academic record.
- Advanced degree or MBA is a plus.
- CPA Certification required.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.