Finance Rotational Associate
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Finance Rotational Associate
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position will be part of a three year Financial Rotational Program which offers an exciting opportunity for graduates who are looking to gain the experience, skills, support, and exposure that they need to help launch their careers. Our program combines challenging work experience and the opportunity to work closely with finance professionals. You'll receive continuous training and development through classes and monthly presentations, exposure to senior management, and a mentor to help network and build relationships throughout the Company.
This role will report to the Corporate Vice President of the Management Reporting team in the Financial Services Organization (FSO), and will aide in the implmentation of new tools and strategies to streamline the delivery of reporting packages. The individual will need to bring crital data organizational skills to support on-going process improvement efforts. In addition, the role will partner with internal business partners to enhnace exsiting reports and develop new deliverables.
- Implement strategeies to organize various sources of data into a form where it can be leveraged to create consistent reporting packages
- Drive efficiency through the use of new tools and processes
- Enhance existing reporting packages with new analytical views
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Mathematics; MBA a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of mulit-dimensional management reporting databases such as Essbase, Cognos, TM1
- Experience with data visualization/dashboarding tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, WDesk
- Ability to work with mulitple data sources and propose solutions to streamline data capture and aggregation
- Solid understanding of how to craft deliverables and translate data into management-level reporting documents
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.