Finance Operations - Senior Manager
Finance & EnterprisePerformance Consulting Manager, FinanceStrategy & Transformation, Finance Operations
Our Finance &Enterprise Performance offering works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs,and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions,helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to supportenterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impactwithin their organization. Work you'll do
Help CFO's and Finance Executive's elevate their role throughinnovative strategies, planning and tactical execution. As a SeniorManager, you are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development ina variety of ways. You will be responsible for engagement management:Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams;define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposedsolutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, qualitydelivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagementrisk.
Senior Managers manage day to day interactions with executiveclients and sponsors. You will be expected to participate in BusinessDevelopment, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at keyclients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of theproposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricingstrategies.
Senior Managers must contribute to Practice Development &Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware"and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events;get published in industry periodicals. We invest in our people. As a Senior Manager you will be responsiblefor people development, performing the role of counselor and coach; provideinput and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staffrecruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support fordelivery teams and staff in local offices. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- Expertise in Finance Service Delivery, Finance Operations, FP&A, Finance Strategy, or EPM
- 8+ years of professional experience in a consulting setting
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
- Professional competence in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to lead small teams and own deliverables
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the UnitedStates without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in thefuture.
How you'll grow
- Experience in Digital Finance: CFO Analytics, Finance Cloud, SAP S4 Hana, Blockchain, and/or Robotics Process Automation
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRMPP 008-EP