Finance Manager, Financial Analysis
Finance Manager, Commercial
This role is a key member of the S&P Global Market Intelligence (S&P Global MI) Finance team. This position is responsible for the financial planning, analysis and reporting for the S&P Global MI Commercial organization. This role will be supporting the Chief Commercial Officer within the S&P Global Market Intelligence business. This position will also assist with ad hoc requests and special projects. The Location:
New York, NY The Grade:
11 (Internal Use Only) The Business:
S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction. The Team:
You will be joining a Finance team that provides decision support services to the Commercial organization, helping them to make better data-driven decisions. The team is responsible for execution of the ongoing financial planning & analysis cycle, including monthly close, budgeting, forecasting and finance business partnering with the Commercial Organization. The role reports to the Finance Director. The overall FP&A team size, including this position is three people. The Impact:
This position will work along-side the Finance Director to provide critical decision support to the S&P Global Commercial organization, helping them understand financial performance, develop business forecasts and apply resources efficiently. Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly accounting close and forecasting processes for the Commercial function including P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Work with the team to generate the annual operating plan and monthly rolling forecasts using Anaplan.
- Calculate, accrue and forecast monthly commissions and incentives globally. Work with Corporate to manage all aspects of ASC 606 as it relates to commissions accounting.
- Manage and track global Commercial headcount.
- Manage and track all expenses and related invoices.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review, analyze and interpret monthly financial results and forecasts.
- Perform variance analysis and assist with preparation of presentations and dashboards to S&P Global MI senior management and Corporate.
- Support project work with particular emphasis around process improvement and automation.
- Prepare analysis for ad hoc requests and special projects, and provide direct support to the Finance Director on an as-needed basis.
- Provides data and analysis during monthly close, estimate and annual budget processes.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as requested in order to help management make informed decisions regarding the short and long term objectives of the business.
- Alerts management to accounting or operational problems and suggests actionable solutions.
- Provides thorough and accurate responses to Senior Management, Corporate and Audit-related inquiries.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA/MBA preferred.
- 6+ years' work experience in accounting/finance department.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify a problem and intuitively develop solutions and execute.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Cognos TM1, Anaplan and Tableau preferred.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate across all levels.
- Knowledge of automation tools.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258043 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States