Job Description: Job Title: Finance Manager - Financial Control Location: New York
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with more than EUR 920bn of assets under management (as of 31 December 2021). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognised by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
The Accounting Close team is responsible for the timely production of accurate financials for DWS Group, working globally across the Group Controller function as well as with experts who cover both products and business support areas. As part of the Accounting Close team, Compensation Control are mandated to produce and control all compensation related financials for DWS. What we offer you:
Return to office:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Your key responsibilities:
- At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is DWS's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in accordance with the organisation's hybrid working model
- DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Your skills and experience:
- Manage all Americas regional Compensation topics by working closely with DWS HR and ensure delivery of all related queries and information request by working closely with Americas CFO team
- Work with other regional Compensation SMEs to ensure completeness of controls and MI for all processes relating to DWS Salaries and Benefit Cost (excluding Post-Employment Benefit) under IAS19
- Oversight of the production processes and controls for core financials, including input assumptions and output reconciliations for Americas regional Compensation cost
- Detailed analysis and reporting about the development of costs associated to Global DWS Salaries and Benefit Cost (Flash / Actuals / Forecast / Plan)
- Optimization and development of reporting and analysis tools
- Overseeing Validation & Control (V&C) results on a monthly basis and managing business change activities
How we'll support you:
- A qualified accountant with solid experience of working within a financial services environment within financial control, audit or valuations experience
- Experience of interpreting reporting standards such as IFRS/US GAAP, and applying them to business processes
- Strong analytical skills utilising Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with a willingness to challenge the status quo and keen to learn new skills
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .