Finance Manager - Commercial
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Finance Manager - Commercial
The Role: Finance Manger - (Commercial). This role is responsible for the Financial Planning & Analysis for our Commercial Organization, monthly close and reporting processes and will be supporting the Chief Commercial Officer. This position will also assist with ad hoc requests and special projects.
Location: New York, New York or Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: The team is accountable for the execution of the ongoing financial planning & analysis cycle, including budgeting forecasting and finance business while partnering with the Commercial Organization. The role reports to the Finance Director. The overall FP&A team size, including this position is four people.
The Impact: The goal is to continue to elevate the skillset and profile of the finance team and to build succession planning for key roles within the finance group. Ultimately, you will contribute by continuing to implement FP&A best practices, crafting and distributing valuable financial analysis, and adding to the strategic positioning of finance within Markets Intelligence.
What's in it for you:
You will immediately be tasked with execution of the ongoing FP&A process and with improving existing processes, procedures and analysis in order to add effectiveness and efficiency to the team. Additionally, you will collaborate with the senior leaders to drive financial and operational value from within each of the functional groups. You play a meaningful role in elevating the profile and scope of analysis performed on the business and will contribute to business decision-making.
- Work with the team to build the yearly operating plan, manage the annual financial planning process for Commercial.
- Lead monthly accounting close and financial reporting processes for Commercial functions - including P&L, and balance sheet reporting.
- Review, analyze and interpret monthly financial results.
- Analyze and forecast all Commercial expenses
- Mange and track global Headcount and related office space.
- Manage & track all expenses and related invoices.
- Calculate and accrue monthly commission & incentive accruals globally
- Work with corporate to lead all aspects of ASC 606, coordinate the amortization of Commission Expenses
- Handle related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide financial analysis to the CCO and sub teams within, monthly P&L, dashboard and other key performance indicators.
- Assist with preparation of presentations and dashboards to senior management and Corporate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA/MBA preferred.
- 6+ years' work experience in accounting/finance department
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to identify a problem and intuitively develop solutions and execute
- Strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate across all levels
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Cognos TM1 preferred
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial, industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.