Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Role Description
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function at the Fitch Group is looking for an outstanding Finance Associate to join the Fitch Group team at an exciting time to help further develop FP&A activities.
Formed in 2016 and sitting within the wider Finance function, Group FP&A is a high profile team whose goal is to provide financial insights on the performance of the business and to assist business leaders in accomplishing strategic and financial goals. Working closely with business units, the Finance team, and the Ratings & Solutions FP&A team, the successful candidate will provide FP&A support to executives and senior managers across the organization. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Skills
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Contribute to the development of Fitch Group financial budgets & forecasts, including establishing assumptions with business heads, modelling, and presentation preparation
- Challenge existing assumptions and provide recommendations to improve process
- Performance Measurement and Reporting
- Drive the design and build of new management reports to improve business insights
- Actively participate in meetings and take ownership for Finance-related issues
- Work across functional areas to monitor and challenge activities and spending
- Capital Investment
- Manage the process for budgeting, reviewing, approving, tracking & reporting on capital spend across the Fitch Group.
Key qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2/3 years of relevant experience (FP&A functions, Management reporting, etc.)
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Working knowledge of SAP (BPC/EPM or equivalent) preferred
- Highly organized, with strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fastpaced environment
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .