Finance - Tax, AVP
Job Description: Finance - Tax Compliance and Reporting, AVP Employer: Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Finance Job Title:
Assistant Vice President Job Description:
- Prepare federal partnership tax returns and Schedule K-1s for tiered holdings partnerships and regarded advisor entities. Assist with the federal return for publicly traded partnerships and multi-state tax return preparation for tiered partnerships.
- Experience in preparing Section 704(c) calculations and Section 743(b) and Section 734(b) calculations with large partnerships.
- Gather and analyze complex financial information for purposes of tax reform, PFIC, CFCs, etc.
- Assist with the U.S. reporting of foreign investments and reporting of U.S. investments held by Non-US citizens.
- Participate in tracking partnership/partner tax basis.
- Perform complex allocations of income/debt.
- Calculate and track book/tax differences.
- Compile and review partner data.
- Respond to tax authority requests.
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance.
- Perform quarterly and annual partnership projections and allocations to assist the Firm's partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare summaries of state income/apportionment factors.
- Prepare partnership withholdings including ECI, FDAP and states withholding and composite payment.
- Maintain partnership units and PSPs.
- Ensure proper work paper documentation.
- Assist with income tax provision preparation (ASC 740)
- Assist with tax research and special projects.
- Respond to partners' tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships. Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience to carry out the responsibilities of the position, gained in either Public Accounting and/or a combination of both public and private experience.
- Strong computer skills, especially strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and V lookups.
- Working knowledge of tax return preparation systems, especially OneSource.
- Knowledge of US reporting of foreign investments including PFIC's, CFC's, CFP's and Form 926s, etc.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
- Must be organized, very detail oriented and able to function in an intense environment with the ability to take initiative.
- Must produce timely and accurate records, and understand that supporting work paper documentation is paramount.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: this position interfaces with members of the tax and accounting departments.
- Motivated to learn.
- Quick learner and be able to apply knowledge learned to future projects.
- Team player.
- Must be proactive, follow through on commitments and understand that deadlines are meaningful.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.