- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
FP & A Sr. Lead Analyst
FP & A Sr. Lead Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18066016
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Citi Private Bank is one of the leading providers of investing, banking, lending and wealth advice to the world's most successful individuals and families. We are an important partner with technology and real estate entrepreneurs, law firms and attorneys, as well as the principals of venture-capital, private-equity and hedge-fund firms. The leaders of industry, finance and culture come to us for the kind of comprehensive services they can only get from a truly global private bank with a broad base of investing experience.
This position will provide planning and analytical support for the Balance Sheet Products senior management team. It will involve significant direct interactions with senior management requiring excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills. The candidate will be a sought out technical resource and contributor to critical decision making amongst business partners/product teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Reporting, planning, forecasting and analysis for all Balance Sheet products, including Banking, Lending, and Custody
• Monthly and ad-hoc strategic analysis of new business initiatives, working closely with the COO and Business Strategy Teams
• Delivering reports that clearly communicate the financial performance of the business
• Assist in the design of performance indicators and metrics that facilitate transparency and measure the effectiveness of sales and product teams to manage senior management decision making
• Act as a single point of contact for Finance for the Head of the Business and his entire leadership team
• Organization of the production of the annual budget in alignment with the strategy of the business
• Review and coordinate monthly and quarterly forecasts for all products
• Assemble all financial deliverables including monthly and quarterly business commentary and analytics for product drivers of revenues, RWAs, RoTCE.
• Coordinate, implement, and own the bi-annual CCAR process among multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Analyze financials during the monthly close and review them with the leadership team
• Participate in the weekly leadership team meetings, the monthly and quarterly business reviews with the CEO, and all leadership team led discussions related to financial matters
• B.S. in Finance, Economics, or related discipline. MBA strongly preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant finance experience. Knowledge of balance sheet products and treasury experience is required.
• Highly motivated, participative team player with strong interpersonal skills. Must have a balance of assertiveness and discretion to be a credible and sought after resource. Must have the confidence to stand up to pressure and the credibility to influence others. Requires flexibility to be effective and persuasive with all levels of management. Level-headed in a crisis. Ability to build key relationships with finance and other professionals. Ability to influence people and empower team members to be proactive and focused on partnerships and results
• Must be able to present technical matters in a way that is meaningful to the audience; dynamic organization requires pro-activity in ensuring targets are met and projects accomplished
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Strong project management skills including the ability to eliminate rework and inefficiencies to focus on value-enhancing activities
• Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making
• Excellent PC skills with ability to design and maintain complex financial models and to drive high quality financial presentations