FICC Technology - Front Office Engineering
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 16 Feb 19
FICC Technology - Front Office Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities Technology (FICC Tech) is the team at Goldman Sachs responsible for the software and systems that enable market making and risk management activity across a broad range of products including: Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Mortgages, Loans, and Derivatives. We're a part of a high impact and high visibility business for Goldman Sachs, generating a significant portion of the firm's revenues, profits, and technology investments.
As a FICC Technology Engineer in the Front Office, you'll work directly with one of our trading and revenue generating businesses. Our Front Office Engineering teams are responsible for building and enhancing applications used for trade capture, booking, voice and electronic trading workflows, and risk management systems.
In this role you'll be challenged daily to find creative and pragmatic solutions to important time-sensitive problems. As a direct partner with our trading business you'll quickly develop a deep understanding of the desk and develop close relationships with traders, salespeople, and Senior Leadership.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Join our teams in building massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage cutting edge technology alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Some of the initiatives we are working on:
- Streamlining and automating business workflows such as Price Discovery, Idea/Axe Dissemination and Lifecycle Management
- Big Data Analytics, Data and Web Development with a focus on machine learning. We're also curating and combining data and developing intuitive/relevant analytics to optimize business leaders' decision making
- Converting data-driven insights into action by embedding analytics into simple front-line sales & trading workflow tools
- Pull together data from multiple internal and external data sources to drive time-sensitive decision-making at the heart of our electronic and OTC markets
- Building full stack solutions for salespeople and sales leaders across all product lines in the Securities division.
- Building systems to calculate and report sales commissions and develop data-driven processes to define client coverage relationships. Also capturing internal data to measure sales performance and source external data to evaluate the impact of our client-facing strategies
- Supporting and developing the electronic trading systems for FICC Tech Products. These systems allow GS clients to price and execute trades with GS-provided GUIs, via Multi-Dealer Platforms, and even via direct API connections
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Excellent experience with object oriented programming in a commercially important language
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and performant system design
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and ability to construct nested SQL queries
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Prior experience in a Front Office environment
- Interest in fixed income products and building software to support them
- Team player - Motivation to learn about trading workflows and financial markets
WHY FICC Front Office
- Collaborate with some of the brightest technologists, to challenge the status quo and push the envelope in technology and finance
- Experience working at the crossroads of vibrant global capital and risk markets
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- Joining FICC at a time where technology is truly revolutionizing everything that we do
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.