FA - Scrum Partner - ESG Team (Environmental, Social, & Governance)
As ESG data demand from investors continues to increase, with the market expected to swell to $1 billion in 2021, Bloomberg is at the forefront of this opportunity and we are growing our team to build a suite of products for our clients. ESG is uniquely positioned, where rather than delivering on a predictable set of features, we are going through cycles of ideation and discovery, to scope out the features that resonate with our clients. This is where you come in.
The product team is doubling in size and growing to new ESG domains such as Climate as well as Sustainable Finance Regulations. The ESG engineering team is expected to triple in the next few months. As always, with growth comes the opportunity to build an environment which is flexible, collaborative, dynamic and self-organizing.
With a diverse pool of product managers and cross dependencies across Global Data, BI, Quant and Engineering teams, it is paramount that we create an operating model that is agile and efficient. To that, one of the challenges we face is to obtain alignment on our global optimization goals that will allow us to realize the true value of an agile transformation. Our current approach to achieving the alignment has been to focus on the Program Increment planning. This is a start but not the end goal. We want to invest in bringing a cultural shift by promoting behaviors and habits that allow for better collaboration and effective delivery.
With these new teams, you have the exciting opportunity to set the foundation of a culture that promotes empowerment and transparency and sustains agility in the team's outcomes. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Build a foundation for a culture that practices empathy, fosters accountability and empowers diverse points of view
- Facilitate meetings and discussions including Scrum events, general Scrum onboarding for new team members, user story slicing, and feature planning
- Empower teams to keep artifacts organized, updated and visible
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams' agile maturity and implement iterations as needed
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration and quality practices
- Guide teams to understand the "why" behind the practices - sprint events (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives), road-mapping, backlog management (definition, refinement, prioritization)
- Partner with Product Owners (POs) to ensure vision, road-map and personas are well defined as well as mentor new POs in the role
- Embody a leadership style of serving others and encourage collaborative engagements
- Grow your skill-set, learn new tools and techniques, and proactively develop innovative solutions
- Be able to draw upon different techniques and practices to grow the teams, such as Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies with the overarching goal of sustained agility throughout the organization
We'd love to see:
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience practicing Scrum/Kanban methodologies at a technology firm and/or with software development teams
- Experience in performing duties as a team level coach to help enhance its agile maturity and inculcating a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in working and collaborating with Technical and Product Leadership
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating within scaled Agile frameworks such as LargE Scale Scrum (LeSS), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools such as JIRA
- Scrum Master experience at a Fortune 500 company or equivalent
- Experience in conducting Agile workshops/training at a team/group level
- Experience in leading or being part of Agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes
- Desire for ongoing education, including training, conferences, user group participation and self-study
- Training from the Back of the Room certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.