Experienced Associate - Equity Capital Markets
Equity Capital Markets (ECM) originates, advises, structures, and executes equity and equity-linked offerings for corporates and financial sponsors. ECM sits at the intersection of Evercore's investment banking advisory business and the Evercore ISI research / sales & trading business. ECM's activities include IPOs, follow-ons, spin-offs, convertible/derivative strategies, as well as other equity-adjacent advisory work around activism, raid defense, capital structure analysis, and M&A. POSITION:
Evercore seeks to hire an experienced Associate with ECM-specific experience for its team located in New York, NY. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Associates in ECM participate in the origination and execution of all deal activity. Specific responsibilities will include creating materials for pitches and other meetings; analyzing companies, sectors, deal activity, corporate filings, and shareholder data; building relationships with internal and external deal constituents; constructing and managing internal deal and investor-related databases. The role will involve communicating and coordinating with members of the broader Evercore team in corporate advisory (M&A, restructuring, shareholder activism and defense) and at Evercore ISI (research, sales & trading).
- Assist in identifying and targeting new business opportunities
- Develop/define equity offering strategies and appropriately communicate and advise corporate clients
- Support senior bankers on equity transaction execution and new business origination
- Develop / maintain institutional investor relationships that can be leveraged to market transactions and provide client feedback in deal and non-deal settings
- Maintain real-time capital market knowledge and macro and microeconomic themes that drive equity markets and investor sentiment
- Develop and maintain equity marketing materials
- Oversee analysts in development of pitch books and related client materials
- Participate in other projects as requested by management
Associates in ECM play a vital role in the building of Evercore's underwriting business. Associates are involved in generating new ideas and business opportunities, as well as executing live opportunities. We are looking for excited, creative, organized, and resourceful multi-taskers with high intellectual curiosity and the long-term orientation to build the premier independent ECM franchise. Evercore's ECM business is growing - the candidate should be entrepreneurial and embrace a rapidly changing environment.