The Role Responsibilities
Fixed income sales role, to cover investor and insurance clients for EM fixed income, foreign exchange, and derivatives. Clients are large asset managers, hedge funds, and insurance companies in the Americas. RESPONSIBILITIES
To develop, implement and execute the FM sales strategy for US institutional clients for SCB FM products and increase SCB's client revenues. Strategy
- Appropriately deliver SCB's strategy resource/local market access to clients through fact to face meetings, conferences, calls to determine Financial Market needs as applicable
- Engage sales team locally and globally to increase key global account revenue
- Deepen investor relationships and improve dialogue around market ideas with key clients through increase client contact and client calls
- Identify and cultivate prospective accounts with the goal of growing the FX, interest rate and credit business
- Provide product solutions in FX, rates or credit based on individual knowledge and competency
- Stretch target for Core Clients
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with major institutional investors in partnership with CIC team across all relevant SCB products and capabilities
- Constantly push the envelope by looking for new and innovative solutions to the business to increase productivity
Manage an account list to a minimum total income
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Obtain an introduction to each prospective customer and make a persuasive business case for the use of SCB products and services in preference to current sources
- To establish and maintain high level contacts with current and target customers through sales calls, entertainment and visits, in order to develop relationships and gain insight into their future plans and needs.
- Liaise with product traders to analyze the acceptance ratio for quotations provided to each customer, alongside feedback from the customer concerning competing quotations accepted in preference to SCB's, in order that the traders may factor this information into their pricing decisions
- Each FM Salesperson is responsible for ensuring that a transaction is appropriate for the client. A transaction should be:
- Consistent with the customer's stated objectives, financial profile and risk appetite
- One where the customer understands the transactions and risks, including downside potential
- Within the customer's powers and conforms to any stated policy or strategy
People & Talent
- Bound by Code of Conduct of the Bank
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure and people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change
- Monitor the utilization of each customer's trading limits with SCB, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction and make an appropriate recommendation to CIB where a higher limit may lead to additional profitable business.
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all e-leaning, attestations and requests for information
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Investors sales team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Institutional & Corporate Clients
- Global Banking and product partners across the bank
- FM Sales Management
- Americas FM Head
- Europe and Americas Regional FM head
- Product management teams
- Structuring management teams
- Partner FM regional heads
- Trading heads
- Technology, Finance, Control and risk functions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Train and develop back up for the top accounts you cover. Ensuring they provide similar market color and a similar level of service
- Designate back up, by name, in Away Notes for Top 10 accounts
- Customer Behavior and Preferences
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Foreign exchange
- Fixed Income
Qualification About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Expected annual base pay range for the role is $ 210,000 to $ 400,000 . The final offer will be determined on an individualised basis using a number of variables, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience and education, internal relativity, and specific work location. At Standard Chartered Bank, Base pay is only part of the total compensation package. Discretionary variable pay and a range of attractive bank sponsored benefit programs are available and designed to foster employee overall health and well-being including, but not limited to, a best in class 401k plan with up to 8% employer match, robust medical plan coverage with employer funded Health Savings Accounts, inclusive family building benefits, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements for many of our positions subject to role specific considerations.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers