Executive Director - Corporate Strategy
Corporate Strategy - Executive Director
The Corporate Strategy Group team works with JPMorgan Chase's Operating Committee members and other senior leaders to address the most critical initiatives of the firm, bringing thought leadership and advisory support through project-based work. Projects are team-based and include heavy interaction and collaboration with senior executives across the Firm. Our group of about 20 professionals primarily comes from top strategy consulting firms and internal JPMorgan Chase groups. The group reports to a member of the JPMC Operating Committee.
The Strategy Executive Director will help lead project teams in solving complex issues and opportunities that are most important to the Firm. Projects could include developing growth strategies (e.g., new businesses, products, markets), enhancing cross-line of business operating models, and identifying operational efficiencies.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to the senior management of JPMorgan Chase
- Influence the agendas of senior management and our lines of business
- Develop expertise in a variety of functions and businesses
- Advance to other roles in the company
- Develop a comprehensive answer on strategic topics and ensuring people strategy is folded into that perspective
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years (Executive Director) of relevant experience in management consulting and/or internal consulting functions.
- An outstanding ability to:
- Define and deconstruct problems
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative analytical problem solving approaches
- Apply strong business judgment to surface implications and practical, high impact options
- Perform competitor/industry research leveraging both public and non-public sources
- Conduct internal and external interviews
- Create concise communication materials and present findings to senior management
- Synthesize data and develop recommendations
- People leadership and management - ability to manage professionals in project-based environments and ability to coach and develop the team
- Interpersonal leadership and influencing skills - ability to lead projects, interact with colleagues at all levels, prioritize issues and manage team capacity