Our client is an international market leading financial technology company that has done phenomenally well disrupting the capital markets trading, compliance / surveillance and risk management market, winning multiple awards over and displacing their competitors at investment banks, brokers and exchanges etc. Their trade surveillance platform handles traditional securities such as equities, fixed income and derivatives etc, but they have also made a strategic move into the digital asset space with financial institutions and exchanges using their surveillance platform for cryptocurrency trading.
As they continue to build out their digital asset capabilities and market presence they are looking to appoint a ‘heavyweight’ financial crime / regulatory subject matter expert for digital assets. With a global coverage remit the role will involve tasks such as:
- Being their industry thought leader and ambassador on digital asset policy and regulation.
- Develop relationships with industry stakeholders i.e. regulators, partner companies, trade & industry associations etc.
- Monitor, identify and analyse digital asset legislative and regulatory trends and developments.
- Growing your own industry brand by moderating and participating at industry panel events.
- Bring digital asset industry intelligence back into the company to further enhance our clients market position through (1) marketing & communications initiatives, and (2) further developing their product capabilities so as to ensure it continues to be truly world class meeting current and future demands of digital asset trade surveillance.
This is a senior level role requiring the following sort of background in potentially suitable candidates:
- Experience working for a regulator, exchange, fintech, consultancy and/or financial institution.
- Working knowledge of: AML / CFT related rules and regulations such as BSA, OFAC and other sanction regimes, FCPA, UK Bribery Act, the European anti-money laundering directives and other global equivalents. Market abuse and regulations relating to trade surveillance and compliance for exchanges and financial institutions.
- Some exposure, interest or experience in digital assets / cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain would be preferred, but not essential if you have a strong financial crime background and the will to learn / get into this market area.
- Good industry relationships within financial services regulation.
- Have the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture where your contribution will be recognised and rewarded.
First class career opportunity for a financial crime expert to bring all their regulatory experience together, develop further expertise and your personal brand in the digital asset AML / CFT domain on a global level and have a direct impact on the growth of this fintech company.
Location: USA (any location remote)
Keywords: financial crime, AML / CFT, anti money laundering, regulations, regulatory, trading, compliance, surveillance, digital assets, cryptocurrency, capital markets.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.