Executive Communications Specialist, Investment Management
BNY Mellon Investment Management - Business Description
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's largest asset managers with US$2.3 trillion in assets under management.
Our goal is to build and manage investments that meet the ever-changing needs of our clients. BNY Mellon Investment Management's model offers the best of both worlds: specialist expertise from our forward-thinking eight investment firms, offering solutions across every major asset class, backed by the strength, scale and proven financial stewardship of BNY Mellon.
We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that's access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, stability and reassurance or quality insights for better informed decisions. We focus on what matters most to each of our clients.
Each of our investment firms has its own unique investment philosophy, proprietary process and is a recognized leader in its field. Our structure encourages an entrepreneurial, focused approach to investment. This creates an environment in which each firm can perform and build on its individual experience and strengths in the development of new products.
BNY Mellon Investment Management's investment firms include Alcentra, ARX Investimentos, Insight Investment, Mellon, Newton Investment Management and Walter Scott. Position Description
A tremendous opportunity exists for a communications professional to join BNY Mellon Investment Management at an inflection point for an industry leader within the asset management space.
The individual would work within Investment Management's global communications team to develop and execute an integrated communications program based on best practices, shared ideas and excellent execution to promote and protect the external reputation of BNY Mellon Investment Management. This would include supporting the following: Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Day-to-day media relations, which includes handling inbound enquiries and proactive engagement, as well as assistance with organizing creative media events.
- Communications planning for announcements and campaigns, distributing of investment and market commentaries, as well as drafting of press releases and byline articles that put an appropriate spotlight on intellectual capital from BNY Mellon Investment Management.
- Organizing the preparation and handling of logistics around media interviews, announcement days and other communications events.
- Assist with media targeting and editorial planning, and actively monitoring the external landscape for expert commentary opportunities.
- Help with change and issues management, as well as internal communications as needed.
- Build strong relationships and network with colleagues, internal stakeholders and key media.
- Collate, analyze and evaluate media coverage as part of global media monitoring.
- Support global team organization through the tracking of activity and deliverables, managing external agencies, deployment of content on digital channels, and the preparation of internal reporting for senior management and internal stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues and strong interpersonal skills - willingly assumes additional responsibility and readily assists other team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to be clear and concise.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- High-energy level with the ability to be both a self-starter and a team player; proactive and performance-driven in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, akin to a start-up culture.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a large, complex, global organization.
- Flexibility to manage changing requirements and short timelines.
- Knowledge of Asset Management industry and/or financial firms with multiple investment products- across regions, asset classes and multiple distribution channels (Institutional, Intermediary, Retirement).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- B.A. / B.S. degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably within a financial services environment or asset management firm (institutional or retail asset management).