About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview:
BNP Paribas' FIC Americas - Investor Coverage team is responsible for delivering all products from the Bank's different Poles and metiers (e.g. Global Markets, BP2S, IS) to priority Institutional Investor clients in North America. The eleven person team includes 4 MD's, 2 Directors, two analysts and a Business Manager with two of the team in satellite offices in San Francisco and Boston. The Investor Coverage team also coordinates closely with their global peer teams in London and Asia as well as their NY colleagues covering Banks, Insurance, OIC, and Private Equity institutions. Responsibilities: Day to Day Tasks
· Manage Senior-level banker's emails, with extensive follow-up as needed, flagging tasks which require immediate attention.
· Process and track expense reports.
· Lead coordination of client visits, assist with organizing all group events (catering, material coordination, correspondence with guests from start to finish)
· Log upcoming meetings and document meeting notes/follow-up items into Client management system
· Flawlessly handle Executives' large volume of travel planning (visa, flights accommodations, etc.)
· Team schedule management (making sure all Relationship Managers, including remote Relationship Managers, are where they need to be at all times)
· Internal Meeting Setup (liaise with Senior Executive Assistants at the firm to schedule internal meetings and to obtain availability for external meetings)
· System Access Sailpoint requests, IT Tickets, Office supply restock
· Assist Relationship Managers with event requests (MSG, US Open, BNP Indian Wells event, etc.)
· Work alongside and support FIC IC Business Manager and Analysts to ensure coordination for Relationship Managers.
· Manage Time off System (TOMnet) for entire team (including remote Relationship Managers). Qualifications Special Tasks/Projects
· Executive Roadshow Scheduling; Liaison with BNP C-Suite Executive Assistants for scheduling. (Executives come from London/Paris/Asia 3x a quarter & need to manage their entire itinerary including scheduling internal/external meetings, logistics, etc.)
· Interaction with Client C-Suite Executive Assistants. Maintaining positive and trustworthy relationships with Clients to ensure meetings with C-Suite Executives are being scheduled in a timely manner and executed seamlessly.
· Handle high volume of calls on Turret telephone coverage (Cover a turret on recorded lines, therefore no one has voicemail. Need to be available at all times to pick up the phone lines)
· Assist Relationship Managers with multiple philanthropic/charity requests yearlong and ensure philanthropic events are logged and approved in My CIB. Other
· Assist with OnBoarding Analysts and Interns by creating Sailpoint tickets, ensuring proper licenses, submitting IT tickets, and seat planning
· Assist with training Interns/Analysts with Turret multi-line trading phone
· Assist Relationship Managers with multiple philanthropic/charity requests yearlong and ensure philanthropic events are logged and approved in the appropriate system.
· Compile news runs in advance of banker meetings, coordinate printing of presentations. Minimum Required Qualifications
· A minimum of 4 + years of relevant experience.
· Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
· Well organized, detail oriented, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting executive level employees.
· Experience in working in a trading floor environment.
· Experience handling confidential materials at all levels.
· Undergraduate degree in related business field of study.
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
· Experience in coordinating travel (both Domestic & International) & extensive experience in expense reporting.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. Preferred Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree preferred. FINRA Registrations Required:
· Not Applicable