- $130000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + Benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Technology
- 16 Jan 18
Execution Algo Developer Analyst - VP Level
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: $130000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + Benefits
- Job Type: Full time
C++, SQL, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Structures, AlgorithmsA global leading Tier 1 Investment Firm is looking to expand their quantitative division by hiring Algorithmic Developers to work within the firm’s securities and trading division. They are looking for developers who have experience working with C++. This candidate will be involved in designing and developing complex execution and routing algorithms, parallel computing architectures, and electronic tools. The current small team of developers consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways and comes from a range of technology backgrounds. Given their commitment to improve and expand their technology division, they are now looking to add team members who specialize in C++ development who can thrive in a fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
An ideal candidate will have experience and a broad knowledge of C++ concepts, a strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns and who have demonstrated the ability for performance measurement and optimization across software, hardware, and network components. Ideally, this firm is looking to hire a candidate with financial experience; while working on a trading system is preferred, they will look at your technical knowledge first and business/trading knowledge second. From a business perspective, you will have the opportunity to understand how this firm interacts with some of the most dynamic and liquid markets in the world.
Key Skills for VP Execution Algorithmic Developer:
- Candidate must have experience and knowledge with C++ programming
- Display a strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Display strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge with low-latency or real-time software development
- Data driven analysis and statistical modeling of problems
- Preferred to have SQL, Python, R and agile SDLC practices knowledge
- Involved in designing and developing complex execution and routing algorithms, parallel computing architectures, and electronic trading tools
- Take a data-driven approach to decision making, using both data from our algorithms interacting with the market as well as publicly available market data
- Communication with traders, sales team, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features, etc.
- Opportunity to understand equities market micro structure, exchange service offerings, regulations and implement changes according to these things on and on-going basis.
Key Skills: C++, SQL, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, SQL, Python, R, SDLC