Event Production Lead (Senior Group Manager, Production Services)
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
provides reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver the whole firm to their colleagues and clients around the world. We are continuously improving automation and bridging the gap between cost, customer needs, and innovative tools to ensure the best possible experience.
As part of TSG, our Technology Production Services
team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team delivers a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mind-set and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
Our Production Services-Platinum Services team is responsible for global event and technical operations.
We are seeking an Event Production Lead
. You will be responsible for production and execution of high profile events globally. This role will directly impact how our organization and stakeholders engage, collaborate, and receive critical information. You will lead a team responsible for all digital aspects of events, executive meetings, streaming broadcasts, and conferences across BNY Mellon. This role will establish vision and execute strategy for the next generation of BNY Mellon events, while leveraging technology and best practices to produce high quality, interactive, engaging, and memorable experiences. Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of BNY Mellon high profile events which includes ideation planning, design, and execution.
- Execute live webcast, C-Suite global town halls, network broadcast & interviews, and client events
- Lead a team through technical issues and disruptions minimizing impact on talent and audience.
- Lead and manage key vendor relationships; engage with external partners/agencies where needed to leverage appropriate services and technology
- Manage multiple and complex parallel projects - ensuring excellent planning, timely delivery and exceptional execution while managing contingencies, changes, and dynamic needs/expectations.
- Interface with Senior BNY Mellon leaders bringing industry insights and thought leadership on technology, audio, video and production services and tools.
- Collaborate with various Leaders across Operations and Technology teams to design and build out future live streaming infrastructure.
- Investigate, assess and introduce new tools and novel techniques to elevate audience experiences and enhance visual storytelling.
- Develop best practices and playbooks around high quality Event Production standards to stakeholders/collaborators/participants.
- Mentor and coach team on client experience, creativity, virtual presentation techniques, multi-media, and video and audio production.
- Lead a team of technicians and coordinators - prioritizing and assigning events and activities, providing support, and resolving escalations.
Manages multiple teams responsible for Production Services activities, often global in scope. Oversees the requirements, planning, organizing, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology applications, infrastructure and/or services. Ensures appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place for assigned group. Participates in defining Production Services strategy. Leads strategic projects consistent with long-range Production Services plans. Partners with appropriate parties to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and/or control. Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6-8 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6-8 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Extensive experience in event production within a corporate environment.
- Experience with global live streaming/virtual events as well as physical events
- Grasp of technical tools and video conference resources such as: Cisco Telepresence, Microsoft WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom
- Highly creative, innovative, and skilled with broad range of event production tools and technologies such as: Audio & Lighting, AV Systems, Digital Sound Processing, Biamp, Crestron, TriCaster Video Switcher, Pre & Post Video Production, Staging
- Understanding of security and data privacy standards
- Leading capacity planning, media engagement, and interview training
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence others, gain rapid alignment, and secure support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience engaging with executive stakeholders, including C-suite and Boards of Directors.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail, able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours due to global nature of role
- Ability to travel depending on event expectations.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: