- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 25 Apr 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO European Equity Trader
PIMCO is seeking an experienced and solutions-oriented Equity Trader with 3+ years of equity trading experience to be based in our New York office. The ideal candidate would have experience in trading global equity options, swaps, cash, program, and futures. The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work well on a cohesive high performing team. S/He will work with traders, portfolio managers, research analysts, and internal support teams on a wide array of investment strategies and assist in building scalable processes to increase desk efficiencies.
This Trader will cover European markets and must work European hours .
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution with focus in accounting, business, finance or economics
- Experienced in trading and monitoring equity vol across global regions a must
- Minimum of 3 years' experience trading international equities and equity related product such as swaps, futures, p-notes, options, volatility products required; as well as extensive derivatives execution experience
- Experience and proven track record of recommending trade ideas based on trading and market themes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure within a fast-paced environment and execute high volumes of trades in different regions and products simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail in every aspect of the trading process
- In-depth understanding of various global regulatory environments; and a strong understanding of risk
- Prior familiarity with compliance policies regarding best execution and fair allocation practices
- Experience with the use of a variety of electronic trading platforms such as algorithms, DMA, and dark pools
- Proven credibility and market reputation, including a strong track record of successful trading performance
- Ability to run and analyze pre and post trade analytics, liquidity analysis, and structure trades; build and maintain broker relationships
- Strong written and communication skills in order to effectively communicate across the firm with senior leaders, and present ideas cohesively
- Must have the willingness to partner effectively with legal/compliance, middle /back office, pricing, confirms, and other support teams to avoid issues in operationally complex markets with stringent regulatory environments
- Advanced knowledge of excel and an advanced familiarity with Bloomberg
- Must be able to create tools to track important trade desk metrics and create more efficient desk processes
- Is an individual with the highest integrity and ethical standards
Must have execution experience in (but not limited to) European and U.S cash equity, equity options, equity swaps, and equity futures trades for all different types of investment strategies.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office